Back to Blogging: The First Post I Ever Wrote

17 Sep

This weekend I will be participating in The Secret to Success is in the Sauce (SITS Girls) Back to Blogging Series. This series as been going on this week and ends on Sunday September 19th!  This series is sponsored by Standards of Excellence , Westar Kitchen & Bath , and Florida Builder Appliances .

So here is my first post: Written & posted September 23rd 2009

Let my blog finally begin.. and Im telling you this is a real miracle

Okay I will officially begin my blog today. This is something that I planned on doing in June when I returned from the hospital from having our daughter Lily. Unfortunately circumstances made those plans change. Some of you know the story.. for those of you who do not.. read on.

Friday, May 29th I was scheduled for a routine c-section for the birth of Lily Jo Cullip. My 2 boys Malachi and Mason were delivered by c-section so routinely they planned for her as well. This being our last child (both Chad and I have 2 children from previous marriages) I also had arranged for them to tie my tubes as well. (5 is quite enough) Lily was born with little ability to breathe on her own, so they took her to the nursery. There she stayed for a few hours, until she was able to breathe on her own. She has not had any problems since.. healthy beautiful baby girl!!! We went home that Sunday afternoon May 31st. I was heavily medicated from my surgery, however I was feeling pretty good. I started taking walks with Chad and Lily at the harbor and life was good :) Chad was on paternity leave and this allowed us plenty of time to spend with our new addition. Malachi and Mason were in school during the day, which allowed us to get some sleep.
Now this is a tad bit too much information however it is necessary for you to understand what happened this summer. It has been a week since Lily was born and I was not normal in the bathroom department. All was liquid. No OTC medication helped. After a week of that I began to get really tired and really sick. I threw up for 2 days and then Sunday June 21st I spiked a fever of 103 degrees. Brittany and Collin was at home with us this weekend and Chad had his hands full with the 5 children while I stayed in the bedroom. Chad notified me at dinner time that once Brittany and Collin were picked up by their mother, that he was taking me to the hospital.We arrived at St Anthony’s Hospital late that evening and I was quickly taken in for tests. They placed in an IV and began giving me fluids for I was very dehydrated. That night I was admitted into the hospital … I had Clostridium Difficile and Colitis. They believe I contacted this during my surgery. I was in the hospital for a very long 10 days. While there my mother in law was our hero and took care of Lily in the day while Chad was at work. They stayed in the hospital room with me.. they got more room when I was moved to the intensive care so I could have a blood and plasma transfusion. When I was upgraded in status they allowed us to stay on that floor so Miss Lily could stay with me at all times. On June 30th I was sent home with 1 week worth of antibiotics, 5 other medications, and pain killers.

I quickly returned to somewhat normal and enjoyed a good 2-3 weeks with my daughter and husband. Malachi and Mason went to their Dad’s early for the summer. I finished all of my antibiotics and began eating normally. Then one night I went to bed with cramping. This cramping became stronger and stronger, I went to the doctor and they took tests. The doctor called me the next morning and told me I needed another regimen of antibiotics, I told her I was in pain on the scale of 1 -10 it was a 12. I did not want to go back to the hospital. (very long story but the stay at St Anthony’s was miserable). They made an appointment with the specialist in Tacoma. Chad drove me there and when we arrived in the parking lot I asked for a wheel chair. Chad returned with no wheelchair for they did not have one. I could not move on my own I was in so much pain. I let him know that I needed to go back to the hospital. We stayed in Tacoma and I returned to St Joseph’s where Lily was born. They quickly took me in and placed in a PIC line for I had so much difficulties with IV’s at my stay before. They began giving me fluids and gave me a shot for pain.

Once again July 15th, I was admitted with Clostridium Difficile and Colitis. During the first 24 hours my condition turned for the worse, I was moved in the intensive care unit with a blood pressure of 68 over 30 (something low like that) I was in trouble. The doctors were puzzled and was not sure what to do. The specialists stated that I needed surgery and receive a colostomy bag. The surgeon agreed but wanted to wait a little for he was not sure if I would make it during the surgery. At one point the surgeon told Chad that without surgery and without improvement I would not survive. Chad immediately began to pray, he called and asked a member of the church to come pray over me. That evening Chad and I spoke and decided that if I needed to have the surgery I would. The next morning the surgeon said we do not need to complete the surgery at this time. Over the course of the next few days my blood pressure rose, my white blood cell count decreased and my infection level went down. Praise God!!! I was being healed. July 31st I walked out of the hospital alive and well. Tho walking 20 ft took everything out of me, I lost the remainder of my pregnancy weight and then some, I was down to 113 lbs. I had no muscles. My heart raced to 160 when I stood up. (tho my heart was fine).

Today September 23rd I am still taking antibiotics and things are not all quite normal in the bathroom. But I am feeling great and I am doing great! I am back to my pre pregnancy weight with a healthy BMI. God saved my life, this has given me a new outlook on life. This outlook I will share with you another day.

Today I needed to share with you my miracle.

Blessings & Giggles to you & yours,

Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to Soccer Mom in Giggle Town now


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: